Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Art City Days Rodeo



While Mark recovered on Saturday and watched the twins for me, the oldest three kids and I went to the rodeo.


The best seat at the rodeo.

In Utah, just about every decent sized town has its own celebration. They usually have lots of booths, some entertainment, and generally a rodeo. This one is Springville's Art City Days.

Did you know a good bucking horse is extremely valuable? The best can be worth up to $50,000.





Ever wondered how they train a bucking horse? Check it out here http://cs.calgarystampede.com/events/rodeo/ranch/rodeo-ready-headstrong-horses.html





The barrels are my favorite.





But everybody really comes for the bull riding.

2 comments:

  1. We go to the West Jordan July 4th rodeo every year. It's always fun. Watching the bull riders always terrifies me. I'm afrais someone is going to get killed. Didn't realize the broncs are so valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out the rodeo at West Jordan sometime. I was told the Bluffdale Rodeo is starting up this next week. It is really entertaining (they have the motocross people - my favorite half-time show ever) and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete